The integrated axle also allows the pulley to use a custom manufactured threaded bolt which is countersunk into the sideplate, giving the pulley a unique snag-resistant profile. These one-of-a-kind features are the basis for the Machined Pulley’s impressive strength, slim profile and a quality of manufacture that is second to none.
- Recessed axle screw sits flush to pulley sideplates, creating slim, snag-free profile.
- Machined—not stamped parts, create a stronger pulley, increasing its strength-to-weight ratio.
- Axle is integrated into sideplates, adding additional strength and rigidity to the pulley.
- Machined sideplates allow for a more compact design while maintaining the same rope capacity of other pulleys.
- Utilizes high-efficiency bearings
WHAT MAKES THEM SPECIAL
A solid block of aluminum will be CNC machined into a sideplate.
The sideplate is left thicker where it is important for strength. Lower on the pulley, material is cut away to make it lighter.
The axle is integrated into the sideplate to add strength and rigidity to the pulley, eliminating looseness or play in the plates.
The bearing and sheave fit snugly onto the axle portion of the sideplate.
A recess allows the screw to sit flush with the sideplate, unlike other pulleys which may use a rivet or a traditional bolt with a large head and nut protruding on both sides.