The 2 Double PMP “Prusik Minding Pulley” is sized to fit between our Micro PMP and 3 PMPs and represents a mid-sized option for those needing the unique features of a PMP. This pulley is one of the lightest UL Certified pulleys meeting NFPA G General Use. In fact, the breaking strength for this pulley is the highest available based upon the strength to weight ratio.
Prusik Minding Pulleys are especially versatile and may be used in many ways, from progress capture and hauling systems to crevasse rescue, high-lines and Tyrolean traverses.
The wide base design maximizes the effectiveness of a Prusik hitch while a unique side plate formation allows the use of larger ropes in a compact pulley ideally suited for 8mm prusik. An oversized bell-shaped top hole accepts 2 large rescue carabiners or multiple small carabiners and allows the carabiners to be rotated freely and completely. Sealed ball bearings provide optimal efficiency and reduce the performance-robbing resistance that is inherent in most multiple component systems. In addition, sealed ball bearings are not prone to failure under misaligned loads or with twisted gear as can be the case with needle bearings. Solid side plates help prevent foreign object access and reduce snagging and are precisely tensioned for easy one-handed operation and secure placement at any point along the rope.
- Type: Double
- Axle: Ball Bearing
- Material: High Quality Aluminum
- Dimensions: 5.1 x 2.9 x 2.2
- Weight: 10.4 oz (295g)
- Max. Rope: 1/2 (13mm)
- Sheave: 2 aluminum
- 3 Sigma MBS: 46kN (10,341 lbf)
- Becket Strength: 23kN (5,170 lbf)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL certified to NFPA 1983 (2012 edition) G General Use.
- High efficiency sealed ball bearings providing flawless function under conditions that would shut down lesser grade pulleys.
- Side plates are precisely tensioned for easy one-handed operation and secure placement at any point along the rope.
- Oversized top hole is designed for use with up to 2 rescue carabiners and is large enough to allow sleeve of locked carabiner to pass through.
- Low profile fasteners reduce snagging and hanging up when pulley is being moved.
- Wide base design works most efficiently with Prusik cords of up to 8mm.
- Made in the USA
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories to exceed the NFPA 1983 (2012 edition) G – General Use requirement of 40kN.